Wednesday, February 8, 2012

revisiting the whole past life thing...

I had a past life regression session. I unabashedly admit it. What happened? Well, it was kind of like hypnosis, only you're completely awake and watching pictures in your mind and describing them out loud. Everything was both vivid and fuzzy at the same time. I'm as far from being a history buff as is possible, so clothing and housing styles were lost on me. A long long long time ago is all I could render.

In a way I was glad to have had this disadvantage, it kept me from running down the trail towards some idealized historical figure and deciding I was them. Like Cleopatra, which is a popular one amongst the past life world, but nobody ever takes the time to connect all the people who've reported being Cleopatra to vote unanimously on who has the most evidence. Ha!

In all seriousness, if that would've happened, I probably would've shut the door on the mystical just based on my distaste for anything too mainstream. But, what does that mean?! Did I hinder my uncoverings because I didn't want to be a 'somebody?' Maybe this humor is mine alone. ;) Was it real? Okay, I look at it in three different ways:

  1. It was real
  2. My imagination conjured up stories
  3. My imagination conjured up stories to aid me in understanding my unconscious processes and how they related to self destruction and destructive relationships at the time.
I lean towards number three. Was it helpful? Most definitely. I've always had issues speaking my truth clearly when it comes to authority figures or those I somehow deem to be 'above' me in some way. Finding out I was be-headed for misusing power was a very enlightening metaphor for this tired problem. Did it make things different? Not really, like anything else it just brought greater awareness to something to be whittled away at with time. Like counseling, only condensed and less expensive in the long run.

What about this whole concept of reincarnation? Sometimes I get to thinking it's definitely real and sometimes I think it doesn't matter. If you believe it to be real and it's part of your reality, then it is real. Because it's your reality. There are all these kinds of things ruminating in the collective (un)conscious. I've experienced my share of the rare and let me tell you, I know it was REAL. I was there.

Moving on. There was a book that came out years ago, I cannot for the life of me remember the title, but it was all about these little things that children would say. For example; one little boy never wanted to wear slippers, when his mom finally asked him why he wouldn't wear them, he said "I used to have to wear them all the time in the hospital I lived in." STFU! Who knows.

Regardless of evidence, is the exploratory harmful? I suppose it can be if it's being shoved down someone else's reality. But if the intention is to open pandora's box of possibility, why not? 

What say you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!