Sunday, February 19, 2012

a dog and a harmless stranger

The dog in the back yard on his chain sits and stares at me. With a nervous posture, ready to be on the defense. It reminds me of the way you look at me and the standoffish feel that puts me on the defensive too. Only the difference is I can tell him it's okay, I mean you no harm. I would only care for you unconditionally if you let me in.

This had me thinking about Venus and Saturn contacts. It's a viable metaphor for how these contacts often pan out. They can produce a standoff or a denial of affection. It puts Venus on the fringes. Saturn thinks Venus is all fun and games. But Venus just wants to love and care for Saturn, be Saturn's helpmate, nurturing confidant and tend to things for him in beautiful and graceful ways. In return she wants to be appreciated for doing so in the very serious and steady ways Saturn is capable.

Saturn causes Venus to long for the seriousness of love, but if Saturn keeps the door closed to her she feels rejected and flaunts her beauty and fun loving side all the more. It's an awkward dance. I guess maybe if Venus just told Saturn in a mature way how she felt, maybe he'd lower his shoulders and sink into her loving arms.

But maybe it's just too hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!