Monday, February 20, 2012

no moons a new moon

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new lunar cycle, with the new moon in Pisces. I hear a crunching sigh of relief from my insides... That being said, tonight is the end of the cycle. It's a good time to zipper things up and put them into the memory bank and tomorrow's a great day to start a new project/task or whatever. In case you were wondering.

New Moon by Jennifer Kay
at least I still have my sense of humor :)
At the end of a lunar cycle I like to do something symbolic. I have to say today I felt like all my bottled up emotions were shaken violently and thrown repeatedly at a hard surface to summon spontaneous combustion. Maybe it had something to do with the rousing games of trampoline dodgeball I played yesterday and all the bouncing and shaking that went with it :) Regardless, combustible I was. And when that bottle burst open and hosed down my insides with my own poisonous saccharine I decided to reframe it in my mind. This of course followed the inevitably unforgiving standoff with logic and reason over emotion and imagination (in my case, delusion.)

So reframing. I worked out for a bit, followed by laying in silent contemplation imagining I shook my own soda pop can, turned and faced the last month and opened it direction of the past. I let it shoot, spray and cover it in my mind so I wouldn't have to bring it with my insides into the new lunar cycle.

Do I have a point? Well, kind of. I suppose I'm just demonstrating one way of working with the constant cycles of nature and the universe. There are times where it makes sense to sync up intentions with the cycles of life. Using the mind to deconstruct that which is destructive and put it to the past. For whatever it's worth, falling in touch with the moon is like riding a wave in your internal conscience. Waxing (doing) and waning (receiving) along with the currents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!