Tuesday, February 7, 2012

la puella...

I wonder at thoughts of what it was like to live in the 1800's. So many developments that were truly new, inspired and breaking form. How shocking it all must've been. But in pondering the new of today, I feel somehow it's maybe less new and exciting, or maybe that feeling just never has enough breath for anything remotely resemblance of longevity.

I confess to being a bit of the puer (or puella rather) - eternal youth - as Jung would reference. Typically attributed to men, a wanderer who finds disappointment once the new wears off, nevertheless, has the audacity to go off in search for the new again. I will say, it's more practical and internal for me.

I suppose what I'm getting at is the puer, regardless of Jung's attributes, is synonymous with the experience of new. The dawning in your mind and soul that lights up the face and sends you on a manic high of exploration; until it's no longer so fresh.

So what is new and pure today? In the broadest sense?! I had a conversation with someone who spoke of how it's all been done before and quite frankly, I found it depressing. This was however partial to a particular subject, but I think it spans the gamut in relevance. Anyways, I truly can't wrap my brain around this. With so many realities flooding the world of consciousness it's new to someone! Or like my school friend who is a graphic designer and color blind in one eye, there's someone who see's it differently and has that high of the new! I imagine our ears could be the same.

As always, no answers. Only questions. True to the puellian ways, I'll always loathe an ending. Leave it open, who knows...

What's new to you? I got an iPhone last week, it's still a little bit new! I have had no access to television for 2 months, that's more like reverting. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!