Friday, February 10, 2012

abandons bully...

You can create or change anything with total abandon...But, what does that mean? Let's break it down a bit, shall we?

This is not mine. Belongs to this blog.
When I think of total abandon, I receive two exotically different sets of mind imagery. One largely resembles this blog, and please, if you've never, for the love, please do.

- Wildly uninhibited
- reckless
- childlike
- involving stick figures
- pancake sized tears
- dramatic video break up letters
- body paint

Also not mine or erotic, or naked.
you get the point

The other?

+ darkly tumultuous
+ erotic
+ raw expression
+ disrobed
+ covered in olive oil
+ holding a large sceptre to club those who might wish to strike  against the mission at stake.



Ready? Let's go back

d
  o
   w
     n

To Earth that is! And find what? Such 'nonsense' is surrounded by practical bullies and media that patronize such abandon. Instead of stick figures or naked sultry unflinching truth, all is depicted with straight jackets or the homeless. And why? Well, I'm not sure, but it makes 'sense.' At least it does in a reality where we tame lions and killer whales who are far superior in their instinctual abandon than us.

What the hell am I trying to say? I guess that maybe there's an audacious and fancy-free side in all of us working to break through and protect the rawness of our soul from further packaging and shackles. And maybe the management and the keeping out of things wild is just a reflection of what we've done to ourselves.

This is not to say that structure is unfounded. I get it. But there's no middle path in abandon and I look forward to the day I finally hurl myself into its volcano.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!