Tuesday, July 3, 2012

to seethe is to bleed

Have you ever noticed how when you're really hostile about something it's almost a given that you will stub your toe or ram your shin into the corner of something, or almost get into an accident. Which only seeks to increase the RAGE.

I found myself under such conditions last night for reasons I'll keep to myself. Regardless, nearly every damned bleeping step I took found me ramming a body part into something. I smashed the inside of my ankle on the corner of the bed frame. My knee into a night table. Shut the door over my toe and got my arm skin caught on something else. Well, suffice it to say I didn't talk about it and instead found myself coughing up my own irrational frustration. In short, life was seemingly mocking me. Unfortunately, I have an innate belief that we create our own realities with our minds, so I couldn't blame anybody or The Moirae...

Awesome Drawing from here
These are those times I'm reminded that as I am within I also am out. Seething and feeling steam blowing through the holes in my teeth. The kind of seethery that makes your insides hot and you can almost feel your ribs turn red and blue like the coils of an electric stove. And it's as harmful to your physical body as it is your mental and emotional well being.

The only thing creative that came out of it were the extreme Macabre mind images and stories about the burning rib coils slow cooking my heart and liver right there in my chest cavity for my spleen to devour. If I were a painter, I would've painted this feast and been purged of the madness.

Instead I suffered fools, took a gash out of another body part after shutting off the lights and cursed my way to bed, where I couldn't get the TV remote to cooperate at which I just said F^&K IT! I'm out.

I have to say, typically I find these scenarios funny the next day, but today, I don't. Been there done that anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Funny you mention all of this. I was pissed off last night and wouldn't you know it I stubbed my toe and almost took a toenail off!All because of something that was only existant in my own mind :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have much in common :) My mind is like a hot bed of coals sometimes and causes all sorts of havoc.

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback!