Saturday, July 28, 2012

rootless

Sometimes I think the best way to explain astrology is just to tell your experience of it. So, here goes. I was born with the Moon in the 4th house and this is my story.

I'm perpetually rootless. With the constant and quick fluctuating cycle of the moon instead of having a solid footing on the ground, it's like treading water in a sea that has no knowable bottom. There are inner tubes all over and the only way to rest is to go under water and pull myself up into one of them. And then it runs out of air and I tread my way over to a new tube. But, it's never my tube, it's never my "home." I feel this is the reason for my heart wrenching affinity for the homeless and hobo's of all kinds. Even though I always have shelter, we share a common bond. I've spent more time with homeless people than most people would gather. In fact they seek me out, in my opinion, for this kinship. Some suggest it's because my face invites people to take advantage of me, but in truth none of them ever have.

Back to this placement, so the moon is where we are most 'at home' and the 4th house is our home. It's where we go to just be who we are and immerse into ourselves. Protected from the outside world. Now finding myself caught between inner tubes I'm tiring, anxious and flailing limbs about wasting energy because nothing is solid and nothing is known. There's a subtle unrest in these waters that can bring up all kinds of fears. Was that a weed or a shark? What's going to pull me under and when will the tempest brew?

Some people wonder why I spend the bulk of my mental energies on astrology. What is the point of explaining things you already know. I know I'm rootless, yes. But when we are able to put a spin on something and view ourselves objectively we can become more self aware and at least attempt to mitigate the fears and self undoing. In other words "Knowing is Half the Battle."

Now I'm not saying that knowing prevents stupidity or irrationality (which is the moons job). Believe me I'm not. In fact last night I blew up all over the place as the moon activated my Mars/Uranus conjunction. (Aggression + Erratic + Emotions = Making reckless decisions due to over active emotions.) But at least reflecting on it later I can take the blame and feel responsible for said stupidity and keep an eye out for the moon next time. You know maybe not have so many beers to keep it under wraps, or run really hard, or paint something. Find an outlet for madness.

Anyways, I hope this touches on this placement at least a little. To wrap it up more tightly, I can say within all this unrest, I feel the least lonely when I'm alone and I get the sense of having roots from lunar activities. Some nights I can just stare at her for hours and write poetry and sing songs in my head and it gives me a renewed sense of balance to pull myself into a new tube.

I suppose the bonus to this position is life is rarely boring. When your constantly adjusting to new surroundings (in a sense) you have no choice but to gather ample experience and tools to tuck into your pocket for that hopeful time that a shore appears. One more opportunity to gear up and experience life a new.

And that's all I have to say right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!