Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Humans like veins of the Earth

I remember the first time I watched ants and thought how amazing it was that these miniscule creatures could build an entire city and society below ground. In this rumination it brings me to humans like veins of the Earth. My mind weaves them around an image of Earth under its translucent skin, as though we are veins pumping organs supplying the gravity and oxygen. Planets and animals like tendons and ligaments, water appears as the muscles.

From here
And if it all were to cease? The dead skull and skeleton of Earth appears vivid in eye. Multi-system dysfunction leading to the end. There'd be no next day headlines, but CNN would likely wind slowly down with the decay, resistant to give up the sultry report prior to the autopsy...

What the eff am I talking about? No idea. It's just the happenings of what I saw in my mind, like a quick Indie film in fast forward. Or the way survivors describe near death experiences; like watching your entire life in a moment of Earth time while experiencing every emotion of every person in your life, along with everything you find you now regret.

The jolt back to 'reality' life brings an insatiable desire to share it, to give it away and such is the desire of this imagination whose been in lock down all day, full of intense need to purge it's imagery.

If I were an artist I'd plaster the translucent human veins under the Earth's skin on the walls and in a mirrored fashion it's dead, lifeless skeleton below. But I'm not, so I hope to have painted you a picture from the mind's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!