Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cell Memory, Organ Transplants and my selfish realization

The concept of cell memory has turned my life upside down. I've read about this before, but somehow an element unconsidered has since emerged. There is no rough proof that any of it is true, but there have been studies that show recipients of organ donations have experienced changes which related directly to the lifestyles and happenings of the donors.

In one instance a heart transplant recipient reported vivid nightmares about a girl being murdered, only to discover her donor was a 10 year old girl who was murdered. Another heart transplant recipient who had hated classical music found an intense love for it, yep, he received a heart from a young violin player who adored it. There are a handful of these tales reported. Here's one of many websites if you will...

Fish out of water - source
If all of this is plausible, what does it even mean? Do parts of our soul attach to our bodies as we inhabit them? This idea is purely foreign to me. I've meandered through life as a fish out of water and subscribed to the idea that I am not my body, I'm separate from it. It's a nuisance. A shell that mocks my identity and chills my ghost.

So, these heart warming stories, they are, when told naturally, cell memory aside, have managed to inspire some notion of unity! It makes me think maybe its really my ego that hates this shell. Maybe my soul is currently attached to it and my cells drink up its' memories and thoughts like water and blood. It sounds outlandish, but now I almost want to receive an organ transplant so I can donate myself to research. (Knock on wood)

If you have a story about cell memory, we'd love to hear it! Please know you can share anonymously on odd numbered life, you're story will be reviewed and shared.


6 comments:

  1. If your soul doesn't reside in your body, where would it reside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent point! Nearby, kind of hovering around like the body's an anchor or something. That's how I feel about it anyway.

    Discuss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted to say that if i'm using my body for things the soul is very much not in it. If my body is overwhelming with emotions - the thing that I think is more rational and external is actually outside of the body while watching that situation.

    Then when bundled with the universe I think the consciousness (an evil word to spell) might be a part of of reality a thread in the fabric and our understanding of our part of the web is through a gathering of those threads bundled up on the soul.

    But it's hard to get away from the influence that the body has on the soul, or mind, we are organic, and I am careful to respect the path that the body takes to experience and understand the world.

    -Anonymous Coward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very welcome comment Anonymous Coward. I would beg do differ in so much that Anonymity is far from cowardice!

      "When bundled with the universe..." I agree very much with this, I get a sense there's some sort of universal pool of consciousness where we all reside in our ethereal bodies. I don't really mean 'separate' from the body, I mean separate in the metaphor that, I live inside my house, but I am not actually my house. It's a place to stay while we're here, or something of that respect.

      I appreciate your respect for the path of the body, it does offer many of life's great pains and pleasures, albeit I'm not convinced it could do so without this soul inhabiting it.

      So, the chicken or the egg came first? I kid, I kid!

      Delete
    2. Consciousness is a fascinating thing, I think about it often, the soul. Is it illusion? Is it tangible? That sort of thing. There's so much more going on than we can see, but we may only have a chance at seeing it because we did grow out of the stuff of the Universe.

      Ah... anyway I can get all twisted up in this.

      -AC

      Delete
    3. I get twisted up thinking it's all but a dream anyway, but why then do we have senses? 'we did grow out of the stuff of the Universe.' - I feel like this happens in waves, like the way a little child finds such tremendous interest in the simplest things and as adults these things are just common. This being the mundane example of course.

      As an off shoot rambling, if parts of my personality can become part of my organs and be transferred into someone else, that has to mean something?! It feels like a movie in the making to me, only which direction I cannot say.

      Thanks for sharing AC!

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback!