Tuesday, January 17, 2012

'til you wise up.

As an amateur astrologer of 12 years I often get to pondering over Saturn; the great teacher and Chiron; the 'wounded' healer. Saturn's lesson are cold and calculated and make me think of the Aimee Mann song 'Wise Up.' As this song casually strolled into my minds' music, it brought me full circle to this topic of much loathe and love.

"It's not going to stop, 'til you wise up."



Saturn can be cruel in his teachings. So fearful of losing his power he swallowed his own offspring to keep from being overthrown. Of course this is mythology, but sometimes myths have a lot to offer. Chiron on the other hand is considered the 'wounded healer,' but some deem Chiron a higher octave of Saturn, thus maintaining the teaching aspect of the planet.

What the hell am I talking about? I don't know, it's my blog and I'll rant if I want too.

I got to thinking about harsh lessons in life and wising up. I've known many a teacher in my 31 years, most of which were quite cruel and often intentionally so (at least that's how I recall it.) I think it leads to this 'wise up' in a variety of paths. Some wise up in that they refuse the entrance of pain into the previous and precious wounds. While others allow it to come in and heal themselves through empowerment of self care. Others are just unresponsive and shut down. And some flee.



I don't know what your choice is, but reflecting on the Saturn's and Chiron's in my life, some would probably suggest I never 'wise up.' In deed from a purely logical state sometimes I shake my head in disbelief as well. But I can say I'd rather allow the wounding, watch it, react ridiculously, watch it some more and react differently until I come out the other side. Mostly because I fear the ones inflicting the 'wisdom' are more wounded than I and ponder that if I just try to observe myself, react differently, give more and not freak out maybe some mutual form of healing could occur. Where Chiron comes in is usually it's just not accepted. I confess after which, I drop myself out with the recycling for a time. Not to the garbage, but next to it, waiting to be hauled off, sorted, melted, or decomposed. Thus completing the cycle of Chiron.

I don't have a whole lot more to say without going into grave detail and stories, I'll save that for another day and a more interesting post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!