Monday, October 8, 2012

the biggest crime

"Well the pale morning sins of forgotten things, she plays a tune for those who wish to overlook. The fact that they've been blindly deceived by those who preach and pray and teach, but she falls short and the night explodes in laughter. "

- The Lion's Roar
 
I haven't been saying much lately, my will has denied the enormous pressure of words backed up in my brain, but I feel compelled to say this. I'll say it once and I'll keep it brief.

It is my humblest of opinions that the most offensive crime one can commit on another human being is to treat them as though they are not good enough exactly as they are; human, flawed and imperfect. To teach and treat children and adults alike that they 'should' be a certain way, that somehow they would be better if they went against their natural inborn ways of looking, thinking, feeling and doing is truly insidious, unintelligible and straight up cruel. Although I may take ridicule for saying so, I feel that murder is almost more humane. And these crimes on human nature are what lead to the crimes more commonly referred to as crimes.

Now, I'm not saying that offering guidance or assistance to others to improve themselves is wrong. But to truly and intentionally put those thoughts into someone's mind is also a crime on humanity because in doing so the confidence and drive to put oneself out into life to make it a better place with ones unique gift is now tainted with all that is fear.

It is not a wonder there is so much violence, hate and cruelty in a world where we do not see that I am you and you are me. We inhabit the same place, habituate the same, struggle the same struggles and feel the same feelings.

The upside is we can do something about it.

And that's all I have to say right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!