Tuesday, May 1, 2012

where's my pinch hitter

Astrology, one of my long term love affairs of the mind gets a bad rep. And rightly so in many cases. But for me, I see the birth chart and all its' planets as a baseball team. Different energies all working together for the same purpose. Let's break it down shall we?

We've got the outfielders, Pluto, Uranus and Neptune. Neptune's out in right field counting dandelions, whistling and daydreaming about catching that fly ball against the wall. Uranus is at center field smitten by all the action and moving in swift irregular patterns. Pluto's ducking out in left field, feigning incognito, but checking the batters stance, ready, willing to defend and make that play at home or smell a foul on it's way out.

The Sun is pitching. Center of attention, making things happen. The Moon is catching (receiving) what the Sun doles out and offering support on those rough days.

Saturn's on first with grave responsibility. Worrying. Waiting. Ready. Jupiter's boundless enthusiasm and energy is ready at shortstop, fielding whatever comes it's way. Benevolent and generous in aiding Venus and Mars respectively on 2nd and third. And Mercury is coaching. Planning, organizing, structuring, making decisions.

Because we don't need our players looking like this.
Props go to this site for the image.
All this to say, when we know where are weakest players are, what they're up to and trust them at their positions anyhow, that's the function of natal chart astrology. More a matter of awareness in keeping our various energies happy and bolstering their natural strengths by positioning them accordingly.

I realize this is a cheesy demonstration, but I hope the metaphor at least sheds some light on the true purpose of my longest hobby love. Discuss, you know, or don't. You can also contact me if you want me to look at your chart. I love doing it.

As the title eludes, where's my pinch hitter? Good question, I'd probably give it over to Chiron, but we'll leave that for a separate day.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, there's room for a baseball metaphor anywhere. Get the other astrologers on here to comment on the veracity of the metaphor!

    -AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some audacity doubting my veracity :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!