Sunday, June 11, 2017

label me

Sometimes I get to thinking the simplest truth ends up confined by a definition. Must we become as we are labeled? And yet, it's something so incredibly difficult to refrain from engaging in.

Boxes are put inside of boxes. Quite literally. How often do you receive an Amazon package that contains a boxed item that's been placed inside of another box? Is it imperative to box and re-box and confine everything?

Consider the start of a relationship, it starts out fun and filled with anticipation. And BAM, suddenly it's as though we back ourselves into a corner attempting to define it, or figure out where it's 'going.' Maybe your someone who likes a lot of alone time or you don't want to live with someone? Do you really have to? No. But you may end up feeling like you should or whatever, because it's what we think is correct or right...

Why, is what I'm extra curious about right now? I hold a lot of 'strange' views that people love to disagree with and I consider myself to be pretty okay with allowing a natural unfolding. One of my favorite boxes is regarding sexuality. I whole heartedly believe that humans are naturally designed to be attracted to or have a chemical reaction to either gender. In short, I think the only reason people are gay or lesbian is because it's a forced decision. You are attracted to or had sex with someone of the same gender, therefore you are gay or bi-sexual or whatever... But in our absolute purest forms, we're attracted to values and qualities and the souls of others and need not define why, or make a choice about it. Maybe we could've been allowed true freedom, if we hadn't been tainted with formed teachings and stereotypes.

Swallow the pill, as soon as your born, you'll be defined by everything you are and everything you're not. We don't have chips or barcodes yet, but we're still hard-wired to defeat ourselves by taking what we love and closing it in. Keep it safe. But why can't we just be; free...

That's all I have to say right now, well kind of! Working on getting back into this writing thing is more complicated than one might think. I think I forgot how. Or maybe I'm rebelling against defining my thoughts.

And so, I'll leave you with this beautiful Muse song. It's easy to presume it's another love song, but for me, it's about the entire universe and consciousness. It's about starting over and creating Utopia. Enjoy. Be. Free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!