Wednesday, January 29, 2014

the heart is a muscle...

Image from this site, which interestingly enough talks
about scar tissue... 
"The heart is a muscle and has a memory.

I wonder how far back it goes?
If it remembers incidents of other dimensions, dreams, past lives and the ethereal.

Maybe this is why difficult people are in our lives.
Maybe they aren't really difficult.

But our heart knows something we don't and it remembers them.
Remembers what they "did to you."
And so they rub you the wrong way, just by being.

I wish I had an eraser for my heart.
Clean off all the things they "did to me."
And start over.

I tried to scrub it clean with my mind.
Heart called mind pretentious and held on tighter.

So I tried again, to love with these hateful cell memories.
Clenching and strengthening the stubborn muscle.

Alas, at day break, it remembers you again..."


I had this conversation with my mind today and decided to be shameless. Tomorrow we begin a new emotional cycle with the New Moon in Aquarius. This is a very active new moon and lends a solid opportunity to begin again. Begin with compassion for man-kind and acceptance of individual differences. Aquarian 'brotherhood' if you will. And so, I thought just maybe it's a fortuitous time to detach from these heart memories. Call upon some higher philosophy to stretch the fibers into a more tolerant being.

Just maybe. And that's all I have to say right now.


6 comments:

  1. I believe it's memory makes us a stronger, better person...(I hope.. ;0) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It takes a conscious effort it seems and is frustrating at times. But there are also the healthy memories in the people you know that make you instantly happy... Happy is underrated ;)

      Delete
  2. As a muscle, the heart requires and responds to exercise. If we do the right things, it becomes stronger and more efficient and capable of doing what it was built to do. The heart also responds to intentional rest. It needs downtime to regenerate, recharge, refresh. "The trouble with hearts," said the man by the river, "is they are far too easily broken, and far too complex to repair". and with that said, he waded into the waters, lay on his back, long grey hair halo-ed about him, and drifted disappearingly with the current.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JVP - You are always so very insightful and well read... Interestingly enough, this week I decided to get back to my roots and ask my spirit guides or smarter self to talk to me again. I apologized for being distant and boy did they bring me some potent dreams!

      Looking forward to your advice of 'intentional rest.' I hope all is repairing with you :)

      Delete
  3. You captured that excellently. The mind can be so weak in such matters. I'm finding I need to ask my heart how to do it. And that is no easy task, I think it has a lot of voices and I don't hear all of them so well.

    I hope your emotional cycle is a peaceful one.

    AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AC. Appreciate the comment! I think you're right, it has a lot of voices, trouble is fear isn't one of them. Sometimes fear makes it hard to hear the real voices...

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback!